Do you need a travel coach? YES, if you’ve ever:
- Felt you were dragged on a trip you really didn’t want to go on
- Come back from a trip unsatisfied with the experience because you bought something that wasn’t right for you
- Felt you had no choice but to go with what was advertised or offered by a travel agency
- Overpaid for products or services and thought you could have done better if only you’d known where to look for better bargains
- Cancelled or dropped plans for a vacation because people told you “you shouldn’t go, it was a waste of money, it wasn’t safe” or a million other excuses naysayers have for why you shouldn’t travel
Even if you’ve been luck and ALL of your travel experiences have been great (congratulations!), you may still be faced with myriad questions, issues and problems and need assistance sorting these out. Many Boomers reach the stage of life when they finally have the freedom to travel but they really don’t know where to start.
“Doris is an expert travel coach who has provided our community of over 50′s travelers with priceless guidance and advice. Her tips, experience and willingness to share her wisdom saved our members many a travel dollar and countless hours through her excellent advice.”
co-founder: Travel companions for the over 50′s
Questions we help you answer:
- How do you choose from the many places you want to go?
- How do you know whether a place is safe to travel to, especially alone?
- How do you stretch your money to last longer so that you can travel more?
- How do you find people to travel with if you don’t want to go alone or pay the dreaded single supplement?
- How do you get around barriers such as lack of time, money and people’s disapproval of your plans?
How we do it:
The Baby Boomers Traveling coaching program is designed to help you establish your travel needs based on your likes, dislikes and past experiences. We look at the flexibility your current life stage affords you as well as the skills and knowledge you’ve amassed to see how these might best be used in your journeys. That’s where Boomers have a huge advantage over younger travelers: we’ve got tons of transferable skills!
We also examine obstacles to travel (money, time, responsibilities, etc.) to design strategies to overcome them. We surmount barriers by studying techniques in: travel budgeting; information research and organization; transportation and accommodations booking; bargain skills; and dozens more areas of knowledge and skills savvy travelers need to get the most of their journeys.
What you get out of it:
- Every trip a journey designed to satisfy your needs with no compromising your requirements to suit the travel industry’s products
- Thousands of dollars in savings from learning dozens of areas of knowledge and skills every savvy traveling should have
- Travel sooner, further and more often by putting into practice what you learn from two world travelers
- Access to tons of resources and people to assist in all facets of travel planning as well as your journeys including finding travel companions, bargains, and much more
Your Travel Coaches:
Doris Gallan and Jacob Frank are baby boomers (born in 1959 and 1955) who have been to all seven continents and 50+ countries, living in five of them. Fulfilling the dream of many boomers, they quit the rat race to pursue their life-long, shared passion of traveling while still young (she in her mid-40s, he in his early 50s).
Doris has been a coach, trainer, and management consultant sharing her expertise with individuals, corporations, professional groups, and nonprofit organizations through seminars, workshops and speaking engagements. More recently, she has made presentations to industry leaders on the needs of boomers and to groups of travelers interested in learning more about how they can take charge of their own journeys.
Jacob has decades of experience as a trainer and teacher in a variety of industries. He has helped corporate employees gain an understanding of cultural diversity and tolerance through classes and self-guided workshops. During the past several years, Jacob has taught English and North American culture to children and adults in Latin America and China.
“Doris Gallan’s travel coaching has shown me that it is possible for me to turn my traveling ideas from daydreams to reality. She has a ‘never say never’ attitude that is inspiring. She has shown me that my budgetary limits aren’t limits, but rather, smaller springboards from which to jump into a life of travel and adventure.”
Robin Arthur, Denton, Texas
For more information on how you can take advantage of this service, please email us.