- Learn to cook local cuisine and get a meal in the bargain by taking half day classes at schools & restaurants.
- Spend a morning learning a local craft in a foreign country: you'll also get great insight into the culture.
- A great way to learn a city's history is through an architecture appreciation tour: many are free, for little money or tips only.
- If you'd like to immerse yourself in the local culture but don't speak the language, consider attending a dance performance.
- If you can't afford a cooking school vacation in France, consider going to French-speaking Quebec, Canada insead.
Today's Travel Tip
Gas prices too high to drive this summer? Take the train or the bus–it’s relaxing and often cheaper.
Baby Boomers Traveling Tips Booklets
When going abroad to study you’ll be combining aspects of travel and living like an expat. Don’t forget to bring with you the series of Baby Boomers Traveling Travel Tips Booklets. The passport-sized publications will help you deal with numerous issues that are sure to come up as you prepare as well as during your studies in a foreign country.
The brochures are available in hard copy or pdf copy downloadable online. Click on any of the titles below for more details and instructions on how to order.