- Volunteer vacations can help preserve destinations after years of tramping by thousands of tourists: trails, paths, etc.
- More travelers are exchanging their knowledge as volunteers for a free place to stay at favorite destinations.
- Visiting tourism destinations struck by disaster to help actually hurts unless working registered volunteer organizations.
- Consider exchanging your labor for a free stay on an organic farm abroad. Check out WWOOF.com
- Look into summer programs at universities abroad and at home for a learning vacation that engages your mind.
Today's Travel Tip
Gas prices too high to drive this summer? Take the train or the bus–it’s relaxing and often cheaper.
Baby Boomers Traveling Tips Booklets
The tips collected in the Baby Boomers Traveling Travel Tips Booklets will come in handy for travelers going abroad to volunteer. Knowing how to pack light, how to avoid illness, as well as what to eat and drink will make your experience that much more fun.
All tips have been tested through travel and living abroad. The brochures are available in hard copy or pdf copy downloadable online. Click on any of the titles below for more details and instructions on how to order.